The Sword of the Lord


I dreamed I was in a large room with a large two-edged sword, and I was forced to fight to the death the person in front of me.  I perceived that the person did not have a proper weapon and that I could just use my dagger to cut his throat, but then, as I came up to him, I realized that he had a massive one-edge sword with a curved blade.  I tried to grab hold of it while it was in its sheath so he could not swing it at me, but I could not hold it and only managed to pull off the sheath.  I realized I was fully vulnerable because my sword was sheathed at my waist.  Then, I became aware that the person I was fighting was a sweet brother in Christ.  I said to him, please, will you let me draw my sword?  He obliged.  We clashed swords for some time, and I could feel the exhaustion of it.  Then, a man came into the room who deliberately tripped up this brother.  He lay on the ground sprawled out with is face upward, and his sword lost from his hand.  I stood there, with my sword down to my side.  I could have easily finished the battle, but I could not possibly get myself to kill him.  Neither did he want to kill me.  Therefore, we decided to fight to the wounding.  Later in the fight, the man who had come into the room previously came in again.  I confronted him and said, "I know you tripped up my opponent on purpose before.  You had better stay out of our way."  After some time, we decided to try a new strategy.  We would kill a person randomly whom we did not have to look at in the face.  We walked into the next room, which happened to be a subway tunnel that was a large oval, like a donut.  We stood in one tunnel and shot an arrow into the parallel tunnel.  However, as dreams do inexplicably change, the man I was fighting was no longer a man but a woman.  We were standing side-by-side, and as the woman shot the arrow, I had a premonition that it was going to come back around and hit one of us.  In my dream, I could hear the whistle of the arrow for the complete amount of time it was in flight.  But it did not hit anyone on the train.  It came back around and hit the woman who fired it, right in the side above the hip.  She cried out with something of a half-scream and groan.  And then she fell down unconscious.  I called frantically for paramedics.  In the next scene, she was in the hospital lying on a bed, and I was trying to assess whether or not she was breathing.  As I felt air coming out of her nose, I also became aware that she had woken.  She was very alert and did not seem to be in any pain.  Then, in the next scene, she was standing somewhere outside the hospital.  She was talking to me about something to do with her pride, and how being wounded by the arrow had humbled her.  Also, as she was talking, I became aware of her appearance, and I realized she had white wings that were folded down behind her, but I had not seen her with wings before that.  That was all I remember of the dream.

I asked the Lord if He had an interpretation for the dream, and I heard him say something like, “I thought you’d never ask!” I praise Him for what He has to say to me and to His people:
My daughter, do you remember the man and the woman of your dream who were seemingly one and the same?  They represent my people in my Church.  Let me explain to you your dream.  First, you found yourself in a room with a sword.  You were in the mode of fighting, for you had been thinking about how to pursue your next opponent more easily, which is why you decided to try the dagger.  You are tired.  My daughter, you and all my Remnant Bride are very tired.  You are trying to find ways to keep from having to lift and wield the heavy two-edged sword that is part of your Armor of God.  But you will be caught off guard if you put that into its sheath and try for an easier way!  Oh my daughter, you must not do it!  I am very gracious to you and all my chosen people who are the apple of my eye.  At those times that you are unaware of your situation and are beginning to doze into a slumber, I will give to you a fellow believer as your “opponent.”  Indeed, he will not oppose you but be used to train you and re-engage your sword fight.  This is why you were fighting a brother in Christ (in the dream).  Before he came into the scene of your dream, you were indeed fighting true opponents of the gospel and were very weary.  I know your frame, oh my precious people, and I remember that you are dust.  When you are weak and vulnerable, I will protect you by keeping you from a situation that would require your life.  If you had been fighting a true enemy in your dream, you would have been killed.  Likewise, your opponent was tripped up in the dream.  He was tripped up by pride, just as the second half of your dream confirms, but like all my people who are awake, you were aware of who tripped him, and you confronted him (pride).  I know the great battle that my people are waging against pride.  It is Satan’s favorite tool to utterly disable my people, but I will not allow him to win against you!  Remember that as you see the Day of my coming approaching, you must be ever present with your fellow brothers and sisters to catch them when they stumble.  You must help them lift their Swords of my Spirit, which is the Word of God.  You must lift them up when they fall.  You must save them when they are wounded.  You must nourish them when they are in a critical place.  Do not let up your guard for a moment my people!
My daughter, concerning the differing sword styles, I will explain to you what that means.  You bore the two-edged sword of which I speak in my Word, but also, be aware that your brothers and sisters are sometimes given different edges to my Word.  In other words, some of my people are given by my Spirit an understanding of the Word that differs from yours.  Those with such a one-sided understanding may not have the fullness of the Spirit as those who bear my two-edged sword, yet they are still one with you in Christ Jesus.  They still love me and my Word.  They are still useful in the battle, and though they may seem to be your opponent, they are actually your friend and brother.  Do not despise those who bear a different sword, but work hard for their continued preservation in the Gospel, which is the power of God for everyone who believes.  It is this gospel that gives each of you strength to lift the sword, and meditating on it will give you renewed strength.  You will mount up with wings as eagles.  You will run and not grow weary; you will walk and not faint.  My daughter, if you think yourself incapable of meeting the sword that I have given them, do not try to take it from them, for you will find yourself vulnerable because you have forsaken the calling to which I have called you.  This is in essence a sheathing of your own sword.  What foolishness it is to expend energy on attempting to wrestle with your fellow brothers and sisters.  You must instead be more aware of those stealthy enemies like pride who come in to trip you up and leave you utterly vulnerable.  My daughter, also know that sometimes I allow my children to carry a one-edged sword because the world needs to hear the edge they are swinging.  In other words, sometimes they may misrepresent the wholeness of my Scripture, and yet, what they do preach is a word that is vital for the world to hear.  This is why the sword you saw in your dream was so massive and scary.  It had weight, power, and the ability to cut to the heart.  Do not undermine what I am doing in my church.  Those who do not see the Word as you see it may have a power to cut to the heart of people in a way that I need them to do, while it is still called Day.  No, it might not be as balanced and beautiful as the shiny two-edged sword, but it will do the job I have created it to do.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thirteen Days

I AM GOD

Revivals